Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quick Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie


Its been about 2 weeks since I finished Matched and I'm still having a difficult time figuring out what to say in my review.

First of all, the world they live in is just bizarre! They are told who to love, how many children to have, what they should eat, and when they die. Its almost as if they live in the perfect world. While reading this book, I actually felt like I was apart of their society. The world building that Ally Condie did is amazing. All the details she put into this book was very descriptive and I had no problems imagining what everyone wore and what they looked like. Especially Cassia's Match Banquet Dress.

Photobucket

So shortly after Cassia is Matched, she goes to read more about Xander, who she knows is definitely her perfect Match. Until another boy's face, Ky Markham, appears on the screen, if only for a second.
Cassia starts to second guess her society's Matching System.

I think this book was really well written and put together wonderfully. It sort of reminded me a little bit of The Hunger Games in a sense. If you've read both of these books, then you would see what I mean.

I can't wait to finish this series and find out what happens with Cassia.

I gave Matched 5/5 Butterflies!
Photobucket

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment